The Jacobs Center for Productive Youth Development is a joint venture between the Jacobs Foundation and the University of Zurich. Its formal status is that of an Center of Competence of the University of Zurich.
International and Interdisciplinary Research
The Jacobs Center for Productive Youth Development is an international and interdisciplinary research center at the University of Zurich, measuring itself against the highest international standards. Theory-driven and empirically grounded projects define the research orientation. The Center’s research program is defined by main research domains, each organized around a long-term core project and a number of related smaller studies. Research-based recommendations of practical relevance are part of the Center’s scientific profile. For the enhancement of scientific exchange, the Center is committed to organize and host international and national symposia.
The steering committee of the Jacobs Center consists of:
- Lavinia Jacobs, Board of Trustees, Jacobs Foundation (President of the steering committee)
- Dr. Olaf von Maydell, Board of Trustees, Jacobs Foundation
- Sandro Giuliani, Managing Director, Jacobs Foundation
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Jonas, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences of the University of Zurich
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele Siegert, Vice-President of the University of Zurich (Vice-President of the steering committee)
- Prof. Dr. Harald C. Gall, Dean of the Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Information Technology of the University of Zurich
The Center's annual resources are provided in equal shares by the Jacobs Foundation and the University or Zurich.